This a term used by my friends and me for one type of species in a human race.. The type that has no shame, filthy and disgusting.. P.P.O.K. stands for Pengampu2 Orang Kaya.. Can't really remember how we first come up with these term though.. perhaps it was mentioned in some old P.Ramlee movies or something like that..

One good analogue for these P.P.O.K. species is the Remora fish. The Remora fish uses its suckers to connect itself to the shark and get a free ride on the shark's body. Remora eat the small bits of food left by the shark. The Remora's can swim just fine on their own, they just choose to become a shark sucker.. The shark on the other hand gain nothing from these relationship..

Another good analogue is from a film which I can't remember the name.. In this film the mother tries to explain to her daughter what is the child's father job which is obviously a P.P.O.K. She told her daughter that her father was doing something like transferring cakes from one person to another. Although the cakes initially doesn't come from him but he gets to keep the crumbs for doing that. The mother explains that in the end the father manage to keep a lot of crumbs and become rich because of that..

Nowadays, these P.P.O.K. are everywhere.. especially in politics.. they were swarming the big shots in politics like the flies swarming on the rotten meat.. If you are a somebody; businessman, Datuk or Tan Sri.. chances are you are going to have a few P.P.O.K. always around you and trying to get close to you.. These P.P.O.K. were willing to run errands for you.. like a dog doing things for their master.. but of course like any dog you need to give them treats like a doggie biscuits.. In P.P.O.K. case.. small amount of money or dinner will do.. But of course this is not their main income.. their main income is the money they get by introducing people.. by lobbying people everywhere they get to know a lot of influential people.. for example by introducing a contractor to somebody who will approve their project, the contractor will then pay the P.P.O.K. some significant amount of money..

I know that it is hard to believe that somebody is doing stuff like that for a living.. believe me, there are.. some have become very rich just by being a P.P.O.K... I don't know how this people goes to bed at night.. or willing to feed their children's from these kind of income.. To me, being a dishwasher at a mamak restaurant or a toilet cleaner is a much much more honourable job..

The same goes to the V.I.P... he'll never know those around him is a P.P.O.K. or true friends until something really bad happens.. When something bad happens all these P.P.O.K. will vanished into thin air.. those that remains by his side are his true friends.. My husband once asked me why did I choose to marry him, I have lost all the chances to become a Datin, Puan Sri or Toh Puan. I told him that being a V.I.P. was not and never in my dreams at all.. the reason is simple, by being a normal, ordinary person I get to have friends around me and not P.P.O.K's..