I never knew what is the date for Mother's day or Father's day every year. I just don't care.. It doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate my parents but celebrating it seems too westernized (maklumlah.. aku orang kampung).. and not just mother's, father's day.. I never care about women's and children's day too.. and don't even mentioned valentine (I felt like vomitting thinking about all those people who celebrate valentine day).. and I kept thinking why do we need to celebrate our parents only once a year, we should cherished them and make them happy every day..

This year I was aware that today is a mother's day since nilam kept mentioning it a few times yesterday.. However, I never expect to received any special treatment or any gifts today.. Some mother's might feel sad if they didn't received anything from their family but not me.. It doesn't matter to me at all..
However, when I open my eyes this morning there stood nilam in her pyjamas grinning from ear to ear wishing me mother's day.. She hand me a drawing that she just finished as a gift.. she woke up early on Sunday morning to make sure she finished the drawing before I woke up.. I was speechless.. I was so moved by her small yet sweet gesture, I almost cried.. Deep down I felt really embarassed because in my 34 years as a daughter I never did anything like that for my mother..
My sister's used to sent my mother the mother's day card but not me.. perhaps that is how my mother must have felt when receiving those cards.. I'll make sure to send her one too next year.. insyaallah..