I should have started packing by this weekend.. However there is something more important to do.. I shouldn't delay any longer mending Melati's best friend.. her rag doll.. she pronounced it as "Dau". She would bring that doll everywhere and she couldn't go to bed without it..

This is Melati at 6 months old.. already inseparable with the doll.. I bought this doll for Nilam but I put it in Melati's cot when she was born.. Among all of the toys that I've put there, that doll was the first and only thing that she reached for.. It is also sad to think that at this early age Melati already learned that her parents are not that reliable and could not always be by her side and she try to seek comfort in a more reliable thing such as the doll..


This is the condition of the doll now.. the face is so thin you can actually see the cotton that was stuffed inside.. The head is almost bald, the dress is torn and already lose it's colour..


This is the doll new look in which I've spent my weekend achieving it.. I sew on a new piece of white cloth on it's face, neck, front and back. I replaced the hair with a longer, pink coloured hair, made a new dress and add a hat.. Only the hands and feet remains untouched..

Melati screamed and threw the doll the first time I handed it to her.. Eventually she pick it up and started accepting it.. She must have realised that it still smells and feels the same as the old "dau"..