I lie in my hotel room in Vung Tau alone this afternoon, the meeting finished early and I end up with a few hours of free time until my husband and two daughters arrived from Ho Chi Minh City to join me tonight. Boredom creeps into me. Opportunities like this seldom came. Usually I would treasure it by dashing out to the street armed with my camera to get a few shots but I didn't bring my camera along this time.
As far as I can remember I've been busy all my life. I can't seem to find enough time for things and always on the run. However, when I got the luxury of time like right now I just feel so restless. I'm the eldest daughter of six siblings. Growing up I used to do a lot of housework around the house. I was so skinny back then, I guess it might be because I worked too hard and my growing body just could not cope with all of it. The last time I was ever being chubby is when I was five years old. I always offered to help around the house, sweeping, cleaning and taking care of my younger brothers and sisters. My studies were never affected though. I realised now that as early as eight years old I already learned on how to multitasking, on the value of time and how to manage it carefully. I remembered finishing my homework only at a time when my baby sister is sleeping, my left hand would be rocking the cradle and my right hand would write. When I got 5A for Penilaian Exam everybody was shocked because they never see me study for it.
I can't remember at what age when I started cooking though. I were always drawn into the kitchen everytime my mother starts cooking. Initially I just wanted to offer my help but my mother doesn't really like any children in the kitchen with her. She wanted to do all the action by herself and I was just like a pest to her. But no matter how much she would yell at me to get out of the kitchen, I would just sit there ignoring her voice and just watched her do the cooking. That was how my first lesson on cooking goes, just by watching. Eventually she would let me help her and later trust me to do the cooking. That is how I first learned how to cook. Later, cooking has become like a therapeutic thing for me. Whenever I feel stressed, I just cook something up and all the stress just melt away. During my University days, I end up getting better grades while staying at a rented apartment rather than while staying at a college hostel. Main reason I believe is due to the fact that I'm allowed to cook at the apartment.
Who am I? I'm just a normal, ordinary person. Whose life started as a daughter, a granddaughter, a niece, a cousin, a sister, a student and later evolved to become a wife, a mother, a worker and a proud citizen. I have many interest in my life, other than serving to those around me, I love taking photographs, cooking, reading and doing the jigsaw puzzle. When people asked me to create my own blog I kept on wandering who would want to read about a normal ordinary person like me. Who would care to read about me or what I'm thinking. Then again, as I think about it, maybe this blog can portray a piece of me that not many people knew. A piece of me as a cook for example. I have a few recipes and tricks up my sleeve which I can share and would be beneficial to others.
With this I officially started my blog. Right now I just have to think of a way to find the time to upload more entry.