This is my most viewed photo on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/nurdiana/ of all time.. It is a photo of one street kid in downtown Ho Chi Minh.. I capture it on my way back from the office one Sunday morning.. My heart just breaks everytime I see any of these street kids.. It makes realise how fortunate I am and also my childrens for having a roof over our head and having somebody that we can depend on. These street kids have nobody that they can depend on except themselves.. This one in particular, looks healthier as compared to others, and not as dirty too.. I couldn't bring myself to take photos of the others, I feel like I'm taking advantage of others misfortunes.. This one unlike the others are not beggars too.. At the time this photo was taken she was too engrossed playing with her "batu seremban" and didn't even realised that I snap her photo.. Her small bag suggest that she might be selling lottery tickets for a living.. My Vietnamese friends told me that these children really don't have anybody (no father or mother) and they really are living on the streets.. that explained why most of them have dark skin and brown hair due to too much exposure to the sun..
Fortunately there is something that we can do to help the street kids in Vietnam. Please go to http://www.cncf.org/ The Christina Noble Children's Foundation is dedicated to helping children in need with education, medical care, social opportunities, and job placement. For just as little as $31USD/month, we can sponsor a child for the opportunities to get a meaningful education and proper health care. Most of all, we are giving hope to those in need..